Monday, April 21, 2014

Meet My New Girl!!!

"The best laid plans of mice and men often go astray." -Robert Burns

In other words, expect the unexpected. I had planned on getting a new, handpicked by myself doll or two direct from AG but that changed a wee bit. ^^ Believe me when I say this was an intense process. LOL 


So without further ado, say hey to Saleen (pronounced like Celine), formerly known as Sonali Matthews!


(American Girl - Sonali Matthews)

Quite a curve ball from what you all were expecting, yes? I know you were expecting #58 and possibly Rebecca, so was I! I never in a million years would have thought I'd be the owner of this absolutely gorgeous girl! I'm soooo EXTREMELY happy. 

After seeing soo many photos of Sonali and her beautiful chocolate skin with long dark hair, I was to the point of creating my own Not!Sonali using a re-wigged #47. I was actually going to pick up #47 from AGPLA this month because let's be honest, Sonali's secondary market prices can almost be as bad as Kanani or McKenna's. But when I happened across this beauty on eBay and I knew she was mine. It was the LONGEST 6 days waiting for her auction to end but when it did and I was the winner... I was beyond happy! I can't even explain how estatic I am about this girl.

It's without a doubt, I'm super happy because my collection is COMPLETE! (For now... I think... LOL... Don't judge me. ^^) It feels good knowing I'm finished in terms of adding new girls. Now I focus on other things, like the blog I spoke about not having the doll yet but her whole world has already come together. Yep, Saleen has a blog all her own. Don't worry though, the other girls will pop in from time to time. ^^

This was why I've been silent for the last week. Didn't want to spill the beans! I'm sooo happy right now!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, awesome! How much did you get her for? She's absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I paid a wee bit more than I wanted too, that's why I have 1 "new" doll instead of 2. LOL BUT I used some eBay bucks to help bring down the price a little. She's totally worth every penny!

      Delete
  2. Wow, I love her so much! Sonali has always been a favorite of mine, but I haven't brought myself to but her yet ;) I'll have to check out her blog, enjoy your new girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! ^^ I'll be working on her blog... well I already started just needed her to actually be here for photos. LOL She is amazing and I'm super happy she's here!

      Delete
  3. Congrats!! Did you get rid of the custom Cecile? I can't wait to read Saleen's new blog! Her blog will kinda be like mine because my dolls "own" and always "write" on it.
    ~Abigail ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ^^ Yes, my custom Cécile has found a new home.

      Delete