Monday, February 17, 2014

Deep in Thought

American Girl of the Year 2011 - Kanani Akina

I wonder what Nevaeh is thinking about.

American Girl® officially announced the return of retired Samantha Parkington and "exciting changes" coming to Historical line this Fall on their facebook page this morning. It had been rumored for quite awhile that Samantha was coming back and now it's official. It has me thinking about other rumors circulating around the Historical Line like the archiving of Cécile, Marie-Grace and possibly Josefina plus best friend dolls Ivy and Ruthie. I want to add Ivy to my collection of girls because the Jess mold is one of my favorites and feel like she'd fit right in with my group. It looks like it may be time to get her because if the rumors are true, I would hate to miss out on her. The girls I'm looking to add to my collection this year are #58, Ivy and Isabelle (I think I'm going to get her after all... still deciding). Ivy just moved to the top of my "to buy" list. Guess I'll get Ivy sooner than later.(^_^)

5 comments:

  1. Wow, hadn't heard the news! I have heard the rumors, and am guessing that this change is about BeForever (?). When exactly is Sam coming back? I need to sell mine before she is re-released and prices go down ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she's suppose to return sometime this Fall. I'm guessing when they do the August/September releases, possibly at the same time as the BeForever launch? We'll find out soon enough.

      Delete
  2. Also, I think I just might die if Josie goes away DX She's my favorite non-custom! I'm seriously considering just buying another one of her to semi-customize so that I'm sert if anything happens to my Josie :) Or, maybe just an eBay one. BUT, Josie going away must mean that there is another hispanic doll in the works! Drat, now I have wait for leaks about the new one before I rush out to get another Josie. Grr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have a Josefina but she's in need of a new wig (that's why you don't see her on her much) because it's in terrible shape. ^^; I was thinking about selling her but I will just find her a new wig to semi-customize her and keep her. (^_^)

      Delete
  3. Juliet , I would hold off on selling Your Sam . She will most likely be more valuable after the rerelease because she wont look the same and be the original .

    ReplyDelete