Friday, August 23, 2013

Changes Are Afoot!

My dollie landscape has undergone a drastic change these past couple of months and I think I've finally found my way in this crazy thing called doll collecting. LOL This last year and a half I've collected as well as rehomed quite a few different types of dollies in my pursuit to find out which dolls I prefer. I can wholeheartedly, without a shadow of a doubt say I find the most joy in 18" American Girl Dolls and 6" American Girl Mini Dolls. They can stand without support which makes them quite easy to photograph, once you can get their eyes in the right direction. LOL These girls put a smile on my face every time I play with them. :)

Also I found I prefer tiny BJDs (11cm-16cm) as opposed to 28cm and above since they are much more compact and travel friendly. Yes, that means my BJD family significantly decreased down to 2 girls... Penelope (Pukipuki Cupid) and Rainbow (Pukifee Pong Pong). I'm still plan on getting one more tiny BJD... a Lati Yellow Lea. I probably won't be able to get here until the beginning of next year but I'll start saving for her.

I enjoy photographing my Blythe, Dal, Pullip and Monster High Dolls. These dolls are very travel friendly and compact. I don't have to worry about them getting too much sun (like my BJDs) or getting wet (like my AGs). Well except for Blythe, Dal & Pullips can't water in their eye/head openings but it's not like if their bodies get wet they'll be ruined.Even if water does get into the head, I could always repair it easier than AGs or BJDs.

All in all, I've rehomed all the dolls I felt didn't fit into my collection and am happy with the ones that are currently here. So I'm not going on a dollie diet but fast. Seriously, I don't plan on getting any new dolls for quite a while with the exception of Cecile (18" & 6") who were already planned and purchased before I said I was going on a dollie fast. But I'll state right now, if I can find a Lati Yellow Lea within my budget, she will be coming home. 8D Otherwise, no new dollies for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment