Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New for the New Year!

Alright so a lot has happened dollywise in 2012. I have had dolls come and go as I find out what dolls appeal to me as a doll collector. In the beginning of 2012 I just bought any and all dolls. No matter what they looked like or what type they were. Throughout the year I kept saying that I was going to be more discriminating dolly collector but I didn't follow that very well and still just bought dolls because they were a great deal.

My goal for 2013 is refine my doll collection to only include dolls I can't live without not just pretty dolls that are great doll deals. Like before I actually owned a Middie Blythe I was going off others feelings toward them about them being too small. But once McKenzie arrived it was instant love and now I want ALL the Middie Blythe releases. She is the perfect size and I absolutely ❤ her. I'm to the point where I'd happily give up my Neo Blythe to have more Middies. I'm actually thinking about putting 2 or 3 Neo Blythe up for adoption because I want more Middies beside the one I currently have on layaway... a custom bait Little Lilly Brown and the one who should arrivethis week... Francoise Ananassa. I'm thinking of transforming Middie Little Lilly Brown into a custom brown middie blythe. That's still only a thought though. :)

Also on the adoption front, I've also adopted out two of my American girls because they weren't receiving the love and attention they deserve. I did keep Alanna (#26) and Alyssa (PM Josefina) who I plan to do A LOT more with in 2013, like more photo shoots, creating clothing for them and maybe even start a blog for them to chronicle their dolly adventures. Still trying to decide on a name for their blog.

I learned MSD & SD BJDs are gorgeous but they're just to BIG for me. I feel my comfort level is YoSD and smaller. I will TRY to purchase BJDs within that size range with the exception of a MiniFee because they are gorgeous and I'm already sad I no longer have my MNF Rheia. Hopefully I can purchase another in the future. Yes my tinies will grow in numbers. I just finished paying off a layaway for a PKF Bonnie and have 1 more layaway payment left to pay on a Lati Yellow Miel. Like I've mentioned before this hobby is a little too enabling with the whole option of layaway.

Anyway, here's to 2013 being a year full of MORE dolly fun!!
Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment